Volunteer as a Camp HOPE Counselor!
Camp HOPE America is the only evidence-based camp serving youth exposed to domestic violence, child abuse, and sexual assault. Over a week of adventurous activities and values based programming, we help kids find hope and resilience.
Are YOU ready for Camp?
· Help campers get loose and have adventures through camp activities—games, songs, rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, and more!
· Help kids find hope through encouragement, mentoring, and the Camp HOPE curriculum
· Create an environment of patience, empathy, and compassion
· Change futures for kids impacted by violence
Apply to become a HOPE Counselor!
· HOPE Counselors must be 17-24 years old
· Attend HOPE Counselor Training June 17th-21st
· Be available to attend the full week of camp, departing Monday, July 29 and returning Saturday, August 3.
· Be available to attend Camp Reunion on September 7th 2019
How to Apply:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application please contact Deja Taylor. Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview. Camp HOPE is open to everyone – volunteers of all races, ethnicities, and genders are encouraged to apply.
Volunteer for Peace
Make a difference by using your time and talent to be a volunteer at Sojourner Family Peace Center, contributing to our mission to transform lives impacted by domestic violence. We believe volunteers strengthen the agency as a whole and significantly expand our reach to the clients we serve!
Sojourner Family Peace Center has several programs that depend on both long-term and short-term volunteer commitments.
Short-term or one-day-only volunteer opportunities are for those who would like to donate their time on a less continual basis.
Our next Volunteer Orientation will be Tuesday, February 12, 2019 from 5:30 to 8:30 PM in the Family Peace Center. We’ll be covering Sojourner’s history, programs, and volunteer opportunities, and we’ll end with a Domestic Violence 101 session. Dinner is provided. Anyone who would like to attend can RSVP to Deja Taylor at 414-810-1825 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t wait that long to get started? Check out our current volunteer needs for short term projects that you can sign up for today!
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations:
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Monday, June 24, 2019
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Where: Family Peace Center (619 W. Walnut St.)
When: 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Should I RSVP?: PLEASE DO! Contact Deja Taylor.
Will dinner be served?: You bet it will.
Are you interested in volunteering or interning for Sojourner Family Peace Center? We’d love to have you as a part of our team!
Or, download the applicable forms:
Forms may be returned to:
Sojourner Family Peace Center
Attn: Deja Taylor
619 W. Walnut Street
Milwaukee, WI 53212